Young Learner Programme
We believe in encouraging all children to develop the confidence to speak English, enjoy maths and develop the ability to think independently.
Our teachers and early learning specialists are degree and MA-qualified as standard, and within the team there are highly qualified specialists in all areas of child education development. We work with parents and schools to promote learning within the home and without and offer support programmes throughout the year to help busy mums and dads learn more about how they can help their child best.
Our young learner courses
Every Friday we Have general English classes for children aged 5-11, following the world-renowned, and proven effective Cambridge University young learner syllabus.
- B$199 per term (and free registration)
- 90 minutes per lesson for Starters, Movers and Flyers (for our Young Learner Foundation class for under 7s, the study time is shorter, at 75 mins)
- Clear pathways to all your child’s future learning (leading to O’Level and IGCSE)
- Classes at 8.00-9.30am or 2.15-3.45pm
Our YL general English course is designed to develop your child’s skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing English fluently. Your child will focus on grammar rules and vocabulary input and will use them to make sentences and complete phrases. But above all else, our YL course is designed develop your child’s confidence; confidence to speak, confidence to pronounce English well, and confidence to take risks with language. Throughout all our programmes is the over-arching desire to develop your child’s ability to think critically.
All children joining CfBT will undergo a friendly and simple placement test of their English. We provide regular updates of progress, a wealth of free extra resources and a newsletter for parents who want to take an active role in helping their child develop. In addition to certificates and awards for progress, we also provide individual reports on your child’s learning twice a year.
To support your child further, all children have free membership of our English library and receive active direction and encouragement to read.
“Did you know that a CfBT student who completes their Flyers level is already half way towards success in their IGCSE?”
- B$99 per month
- 2-4 hours per week of tuition
- Classes every Friday, at a time slot to suit you
- Lessons pitched exactly at your child’s
- 40% improvement in maths ability
- Trusted by the world’s to schools and
over 5.2 million users
- Detailed reports for parents on your
child’s strenghts, weaknesses and
- Children working on their own on an
ipad but supported by TLC tutors
- Making real learning fun!
We help learners to prepare and perform better at exams through our PSR (Y6) preparation programme, our Academic English Skills programmes (Y7-8 and Y9-10) and our O’level and programme (Y11-12).